Welcome to Knowledge Base+
Knowledge Base+ (KB+) is a service from Jisc Collections that aims to help UK libraries manage their e-resources more efficiently by providing accurate publication, subscription, licence and management information.
What can KB+ do?
KB+ aims to ensure that all parts of a library’s supply chain have access to all the information they need whenever they need it. It is remarkably easy to use – very little training is required for new users to ‘get up to speed’.
KB+ also aims to avoid duplication of effort. It is a one-stop shop for the management of e-resource information.
Specifically, KB+ provides:
- A centrally maintained and managed knowledge base in which Jisc Collections collates, verifies and updates knowledge base data, to avoid costly and wasteful duplication of effort by libraries all trying to do the same thing by themselves. More and more institutions are taking advantage of the fact that Jisc Collections will do a lot of the work involved in getting local institutional information uploaded into KB+.
- Verified, accurate and up-to-date publication information for e-journal agreements, including national and regional consortium agreements from across the UK and a growing number of non-Jisc packages. All of this is made available under an open licence and disseminated throughout the library supply chain so that the right organisations have the data they need when they need it. Currently Ex Libris, Proquest, OCLC and EBSCO all use KB+ data in their systems. For a full list of the packages available from KB+ please visit the public exports page.
- Subscription information and management tools to help institutions track details of entitlements and journal coverage, manage renewals, compare different journal packages, view usage statistics from JUSP, and exports formatted for use with link resolvers.
- Licence information covering key values such as walk-in users, concurrent access, Post Cancellation Access and more. Institutions can create their own licence information, making use of templates created by Jisc Collections or their own licences.
- Communications and collaboration support – ‘to do’ lists, announcements regarding additions and changes to data in the system, discussion spaces and the ability to add notes and documents to subscriptions and licences.
How can my institution sign up to KB+?
A lot of the data that has been created is available under a CC0 licence and available from the Exports page. However, in order to take advantage of institution specific features, institutions will need to sign up for the service. Please contact us at email@example.com
KB+ training workshop
This free one day workshop is designed to help you get more out of KB+. Topics covered include managing current and past subscriptions, link resolvers’ targets and licences.
This workshop is for you if you are new to KB+ or if you have some experience of using KB+ but want to learn about the advanced features and how to get more out of the service.
There is no cost for attending the workshop. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The workshop will provide you with an opportunity to:
- learn more about how to use KB+ and be introduced to some of its features (hands-on session).
- exchange experiences with other members of the KB+ community.
- find out more about how KB+ is interoperable with other services such as JUSP.
- provide feedback to the KB+ team to inform development of the service.
All sessions are from 11am to 3.30pm
14th September - Dundee; 9th November - Bristol.
Booking To reserve a place on the course complete the booking form.
For further information please visit our website is: http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/KnowledgeBasePlus/